вторник, 8 января 2008 г.

Politely Tell People To Knock It Off

Your mother-in-law makes a snarky comment in front of your extended family. Your best friend sabotages you (again!) in front of the guy you like. If you are finding yourself in situations where you want to speak up but wind up biting your tongue (and mumbling comebacks on your walk home), we’ve got a way out. Look below for ways to put rude people in their place in the most polite way possible.
Who am I at this moment, but a culmination of all I have been> Who I shall be depends on the decisions I make right now. Broken down with salty tears streaming down my face, I am both humbled and humiliated but utterly sincere.I am totally me, without pretense or phoniness. In my emotional haze, I see clearly and for the first time, I see me.Sometimes we get so caught up in the habits we have created that we allow our lives to float on autopilot, never questioning our responses, though, if we did, we might find them disappointing, hurtful even appauling. We hold lovers close at arms length with eyes glazed over, forgetting to see the beauty of their soul they so selflessly share with us. We try and understand the illogical, the painful, the many wrongs that we have faced at the hands of the wicked and cruel.But what if we accepted it. What if we accepted the world is full of chaos and drama and sadness. What if we accept that it takes a very big person to choose to be kind, to be honest and pure. What if we accept that turning the other cheek is not weakness but wisdom?Maybe there will come a day when we care less about what others think of us than what we do for others. Maybe we will take the time to say show gratitude for the small kindnesses that come our way, reminding ourself that no one owes us a smile or a gesture of kindness.Maybe there will come a day when tears do not creep up on us as we try and make sense of the unthinkable.Until then, let us be grateful for this moment together and for a little hope for the future.Brenda Della Casa (Lola)